At Lara Day Spa we are fortunate that we have always regarded the hygiene of the premises and team to be our highest priority.
The Spa is applying the 4 metre square rule as per the Victorian DHHS recommendations. This rule as listed on their website:
The four square metre rule applies to limit the number of customers/visitors in a space, but not the number of workers. Venues and facilities can have the number of staff reasonably required to operate, in addition to any patrons permitted entry in accordance with the four square metre rule.
LARA DAY SPA CURRENT COVID19 POLICY as of October 2020
The health and wellbeing of our clients and staff is always of the upmost importance to us as the Day Spa, below is a quick reminder of some of the policies we are strictly adhering to during this time.
- Melbourne and Wyndham areas remain in lockdown and currently in stage 4 restrictions. If you live in an area in lockdown and have an appointment with us, please reschedule it on 0400 016 866. Deposits will obviously be refunded in full.
- If you are unwell or have been in contact with anyone that has been unwell please reschedule your appointment.
- To comply with the 4 square metre rule, we can only safely accommodate to the maximum allowable in each area. Please avoid bringing your friends or kids and family with you to the Day Spa at this current time.
- Hand sanitiser is available when you first arrive at our Spa. We have measures put in place to ensure we are able to maintain a social distance in communal areas.
- Staff will be ensuring your details are up to date on our system.
- All visitors other than clients will be required to leave their details
- We are unable to do facial treatments that require the face mask removal at this stage
Thank you all for your understanding and compliance during this time. Lara Day Spa Team
What we do on the regular
- All therapists are well trained on medical hand washing techniques. Hands, forearms and elbows are all included in the washing technique before and after every treatment
- Drying of hands using disposable paper towel
- All our laundry is washed in our Spa between each client
- New linen and towels for every client
- Daily sanitising of bathrooms and public areas
- Daily cleaning of the Spa
What we’re doing in addition
- Hand sanitiser at reception and waiting area
- Hand washing signs of how to effectively wash hands. Soap and water and disposable towel is always best
- Sanitising of door handles, banisters and common areas on a very regular basis
- Sanitising the face cradles and arm rests on our treatment beds in between each client
- Allowing clients to wait outside or in their car or in a treatment room for their appointment if that makes them more comfortable
What you can be doing
- If you don’t feel well; coughing, sneezing, flu-like symptoms, please do not come to the clinic.
- Please wash your hands frequently, for 20 seconds with soap.
- Please avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, mouth unless you have just sanitised your hands.
- Please bring a hanky.
- Please cover your nose/mouth when coughing/sneezing – use your hanky, tissue, bent elbow over the fabric.
- Please use hand sanitiser frequently.
Help us stay in business and our team be financially secure and safe
- Please reschedule appointments outside of 24 hours
- If something unexpected does happen please send a friend in your place for an equivalent treatment
- If you are concerned about how fast this is evolving and how it will affect you, remember we have an online booking system where you can book on the day.
- Please adhere to our booking policy & do not cancel right before your appointment. Our reception team are empathetic.
In the extreme event that we are suddenly closed because of a government announcement. All appointment deposits will be fully refunded or kept on your account to reschedule at a later date.