- Please continue to stay hydrated. Just like being hydrated before the appointment, drinking water afterward can help your skin cells regenerate and this is the purpose of the micro needling process.
- Getting a good night’s sleep is the best body recovery session available. While you’re sleeping, your body and skin recover from the stress of the treatment and efficiently utilize the nutrients that are being provided by the increased blood flow from the skin regeneration.
1 – 3 Days after your treatment you will notice the following:
- A mild sunburn sensation with some redness and your skin can sometimes feel tight and dry, some clients experience some very fine bruising and swelling.
- After 6 hours you can apply a mild cleanser or cool water (no ice). Avoid rubbing your face try and only pat your skin for the first day.
- Avoid sun exposure, applying sun block is essential.
- Do not use anti-inflammatories as these will negate the healing and regeneration process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for the first 48 hours and do not use a sauna or hot spa bath.
5 -7 Days after your treatment you will notice the following:
- Peeling and flaky skin will start to appear 3-5 days after the treatment. You’ll notice skin dryness and flaking which is due to an increased turnover of skin cells during the regeneration. Please do not pick, peel or try and scrub it off, this is an important part of your skin’s rejuvenation.
- Moisturising is the only way to deal with the dryness, refer to our product prescription for the best products for your skin.
Each time you apply product you will begin to see the health of your skin improve and begin to glow.
Your Recommended Skin Care Routine and Products
Suggested routine 3 days before & after your facial treatment
NO exfoliation AHA and BHA’S or Vitamin A products as these may over sensitise the skin
- asap Gentle Cleansing Gel
- 1 pump asap Super B Complex & 1 pump asap Super C Serum
- asap Soothing gel or asap Ultimate Hydration OR asap Advanced Hydrating Moisturiser
- asap Moisturising Daily Defence OR asap CC Cream
- asap Gentle Cleansing Gel
- 1 pump asap Super B Complex
- Asap Soothing gel or asap Ultimate Hydration OR asap Advanced Hydrating Moisturiser
- After your Facial Treatment you MUST NOT use any exfoliating or Vitamin A (retinol) products for 3 days. After day 3 you may resume your regular exfoliation routine.
- An SPF+(Moisturising Daily Defense or CC Cream) MUST be applied daily to avoid scaling and pigmentation. Please make sure you apply sunscreen throughout the day even if its cloudy as UV is still strong.
On day 3 after your facial treatment, you may resume your regular exfoliation and skin care routine.
Please avoid these treatments for at least 2 weeks before and after treatment.
- Cosmetic Surgery
- (Radio Frequency) RF Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Injectables (Botox, Dermal Fillers)
- Laser/IPL in the treated areas
- Photo Dynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Spray Tanning
- Deep Chemical Peels
- Tattooing/Cosmetic Tattooing
- Derma Blading